- About MERGA
- Research and Awards
- Conferences and Bursaries
- Contact us
The President's Duties
From the constitution:
The President shall preside over the meetings of the Executive Committee and the annual business meeting, shall hold non-voting ex-officio membership on all standing committees, shall call special meetings of the Executive Committee when necessary, and shall provide leadership for the attainment of the purposes of the Association as set up in Article 2.
Duties related to MERGA’s aims
The President takes overall responsility for MERGA meeting its aims and provides leadership towards these ends.
Typical activities and responsibilities
- Chairing of Executive meetings and the AGM
- Promoting MERGA, its members and its products wherever possible
- Representing MERGA when appropriate
- Submission of statements on behalf of MERGA members
- Promoting professional relationships with other national and international bodies for mathematics
and mathematics education